AMEB (NSW) contacted a handful of people who have already experienced the new Video Repertoire exam from a variety of perspectives. Our panel of respondents included a private studio piano teacher, a music school that teaches singing and musical theatre, an AMEB (NSW) examiner who has both examined and prepared his own candidates for AMEB Video Repertoire exams, and a multi-instrumentalist school music teacher who has enrolled…READ MORE
Extensions of time for Video Repertoire Exam submissions are available.
- A request for an extension to submit your video must be received by the AMEB (NSW) office not later than the original video submission date.
- An administration fee of $20 per candidate per exam will be charged for any video exam extension request.
- Once this form is received and processed, an extension of up to one month will be…
Repertoire exams are now available for the Accordion syllabus, from Preliminary to Grade 8. This is the only option for Accordion grade exams in 2020.
Repertoire exams provide an option for candidates to present for an AMEB assessment with repertoire (List pieces and Own Choice) requirements only. There are no other requirements (Technical Work, General Knowledge, Aural tests or Sight Reading) in the Repertoire examination…READ MORE
Harp Repertoire exams can be taken as Video Repertoire exams in 2020.
Please refer to the Harp syllabus for the detailed requirements of a Harp Repertoire exam. Only List Pieces and Own Choice Pieces need to be prepared for a Repertoire exam. Technical work, aural tests, sight reading and general knowledge are not examined. See more information about Harp…READ MORE
Enrolments will open on Monday 29 June for the following Metro face-to-face exam sessions:
- Metro Music Second Session 03 (Schools and private venues only, all grades)
- Metro Music Second Session 33 (AMEB venues, Grade 8 and Certificate only)
- Music Diploma Session 04
- Metro Speech and Drama Second Session 10 (Grades and Diplomas)
- Speech and Performance Theory Session…
CPM subjects now offered as Video Repertoire Exams
Repertoire exams have been temporarily introduced in 2020 (video exams only) in the following syllabuses:
- Preliminary to Grade 8 CPM Keyboard
- Advancing Step 1 to 4 CPM Bass, Guitar, Drum Kit and Vocals
Repertoire exams provide an option for candidates to present for an AMEB assessment with repertoire (Set Works, Free Choice and Creative…READ MORE
Pictured: Sarah Chen, winner of Most outstanding private teacher Preliminary to Grade 4 - Keyboard, winner of Most outstanding private teacher Grade 5 to Certificate -…READ MORE
Enrolments can now be submitted via AMEB Connect, just the same as practical exams. Candidates can choose to activate their exam on any day and at any time that is convenient to sit this exam, whether this is right away, or up to twelve months from the day of enrolling.
Once it is activated, the candidate must complete the exam with a supervisor they nominate, under normal exam conditions and in one continuous sitting.…READ MORE